As for my use of media, I could probably take more advantage of what's out there. My blog could stand to use some more images here and there instead of blocks of words and paragraphs. I know yesterday I posted a link to a video from Dirty Dancing, but I'm not sure exactly how to embed a video.
Again, when I look at my blog, it's mostly just a vast amount of text with no visual or appealing images which I could definitely use more of.
Right now I'm using a selected template design from the site, but I eventually want to figure out how to put the site into my own design or find sime outside HTML to use. Right now, the text and the colors work, but I still want to find something more creative and exciting. I would say my blog is pretty conventional. I kind of landed upon the title "rants and ramblings", but I'm considering changing it. Also, I need an About section!
Tuesday, September 15, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Followers
Blog Archive
About Me
- kaitlinsouthron
- Welcome to my blog, "rants and ramblings". The title is pretty much self-explanatory, I just to like rant and ramble about I things I learn in my communications class and elsewhere. I'm a senior English major, and I love write. I'm hoping to find a career after I graduate where I can employ this love someway somehow!
I think your blog really is off to a great start. I agree with what you said about incorporating more images and links, but I think that is something that will develop as you become more comfortable with blogging. Your text is well divided and appears to be readable. I think pictures and videos will contribute to the overall appearance of your site. I really like the template and design scheme that you are using. It is clean and aesthetically pleasing. It is not too busy. I really like your blog title. I also want think it's great how you are beginning to blog about what is happening outside of the classroom. It seems like you're really getting into it. You should add more of an about me section so your readers can get to know you. I think it is great how you are following other blogs as well. Great job and I look forward to seeing your blog develop.
ReplyDeleteYour Blog postings are interesting in their content, but as u mentioned visual aids never hurt only help. Your text is broken up well; I don't feel like I am reading a block quote. You have effectively conveyed a sense of personality to the content now just do the same with the visuals. The font could be a little more engaging or you may want to increase the size. I think making use of one of these suggestions could add to readability and catch the reader’s eye more. Overall I think you have done a really good job establishing a framework for your Blog. Bottom line its about good and interesting content which you have now you just have to tweak visuals. Good job
ReplyDeletei like your suggestion, i will pay more attention to the text color, font, size and eeverything!!
ReplyDeleteby the way... can anyone tells me how to reply one's comment on my blog?... frustrated~!