Sunday, April 18, 2010

Surrogates

What if you could change everything about yourself? What if you perfect every flaw?

This is one of the many philosophical and ethical issues that arises in the graphic comic novel, The Surrogates. I have to admit, I really enjoyed having to read a comic book for class rather than some long novel with tiny text.



What is really cool is how this story relates to everything we've been discussing in class for the past couple of months. Currently people in our society are constructing a complete different identity seperate from themselves via the internet. Whether that be Facebook or Second Life. So who's to say that The Surrogates is simply science fiction. who's to say this won't very well be a possibility in our future lives?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers

About Me

My photo
Welcome to my blog, "rants and ramblings". The title is pretty much self-explanatory, I just to like rant and ramble about I things I learn in my communications class and elsewhere. I'm a senior English major, and I love write. I'm hoping to find a career after I graduate where I can employ this love someway somehow!