
(Look how young they look!)
I read the book when I was in 6th grade, so when the movie came out I was oh so very excited to see it. And even though not much changed in the film, it was still was nothing like reading the book. I was still disappointed. Hogwarts looked and felt completely different in my mind. Seeing the film just shattered these images.
There are film adaptations that are really good. Like Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory...

I grew up watching this movie without ever reading the Roald Dahl novel it's based on. I didn't read it until I was older, and I found out that there are a lot of differences! I can only imagine what impression of the movie I would have if I read the book first.
Now when it comes to the film, The Surrogates? The whole time I watched the film I thought, "This is nothing like reading the novel!" And it's not anything like the novel. It's a fabricated Hollywood movie that drones on and ends in a cliche fashion with a few shotty action scenes thrown in between. I mean I was looking forward to "The Prophet", but his role in the film was so boring. And he's a surrogate? Boo. I was not a fan of the movie.

No comments:
Post a Comment