Not that I didn't enjoy the class last semester, but I feel like I definitely got more out of this course. Having ethics always at the core of the class really enhanced the course. I have learned so much, and honestly feel like I have grown in a way from the many topics we talked about and discussed. Also, I always felt a conflict between my interest in media and entertainment, and my pursuit in that sort of career. I feel conflicted because there's also a part of me that wants to help other people, but this usually is only associated with doctors, social workers, teachers, etc. Media jobs on the surface seems like a self-involved career choice. I loved how this course help bring these two things I love together, and helped resolve the debate in my mind. I didn't realize how much of an impact and how much social change can be brought about through media and technology.
I really loved the open discussions we had in class. Maybe tie that in somehow with a class blog? I think some sort of whole class collaborative effort could be really effective.
I loved the TED Talks, but maybe something in even more in depth? Maybe students individually could pick out a website, social media, or organization that is taking in part in civic action. The student could follow the site throughout the semester, and keep classmates up to date periodically on their blog. Then they could wrap it up in their TED Talks.
Just some suggestions for what already is an awesome class! Hopefully it'll get even better in the future.
Monday, May 3, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Followers
Blog Archive
About Me
- kaitlinsouthron
- Welcome to my blog, "rants and ramblings". The title is pretty much self-explanatory, I just to like rant and ramble about I things I learn in my communications class and elsewhere. I'm a senior English major, and I love write. I'm hoping to find a career after I graduate where I can employ this love someway somehow!
No comments:
Post a Comment